I’ve been writing for this website for more than six years now and would love to have a fresh voice to the blog so I’m happy to announce: starting immediately, I will be accepting guests posts for the following topics:
- Expat life – I would like to feature day to day expat life stories, whether you live in Dubai or anywhere else in the world. Articles that can help tourist is also welcome – new restaurants, mode of public transport, new roads that make it easier to go from point A to B especially during rush hour, etc. Any article that tells a story of expat living is welcome.
- Parenting – if you’re a parent and would like to introduce a tip to share to other parents, by all means submit an article.
- Travel and travel tips – we are a traveling family so a story of your own traveling family or travel tips will be great.
- Blogging – by now you already know how I love blogging so share your own blogging tips.
- Food and recipes – I used to do a weekly feature of what I cook at home but stopped. I would welcome recipe features, especially Middle Eastern recipes to share.
What is Guest Posting?
“Guest posting” means writing and publishing an article on someone else’s website or blog. Instead of posting something in your own blog, you post it on other people’s blog and get a number of benefits for doing it.
Why do a Guest Post?
Guest posts can help you get a “foot in the door” with an audience you wouldn’t normally reach through your own blog or social media channels.
Here are other advantages of doing a guest post:
1. Guest posting help promote your blog or website
A non-negotiable part of guest posting is including your blog link on your contributed post. This will help you gain more exposure and promote your own blog. As a result, you will have other readers coming to visit other than your regular visitors.
2. Guest posting is great for search engines
The host blogger will (must) include a link to your blog in the post somewhere, usually at the beginning or the end. These backlinks will raise the value of your blog making your content easier to find via Google, Yahoo and others.
3. Guest posting can stretch your writing muscle
When you write for yourself, it’s easy to play it easy. When you write an article for someone else, be it a blog or a print publication, you strengthen those writing skills and bring your A-game.
4. Guest posting helps build bridges = relationships.
How, you ask. Simple. You get completely new audience. They read your guest post, leave a comment or ask questions. You reply to them = relationships. Some will even start to follow your blog or on other social media channels if they like your posts.
Guidelines for guest posting at Sandier Pastures:
1. Your content (500 words or less) must be original material and not previously published elsewhere, including on your own blog.
2. Your content should not have affiliate links. A link at the end of the post to the author’s site is allowed.
To submit a post for consideration, please email me at sandierpastures [at] gmail [dot] com with the full post and I’ll get back to you promptly.
*Please also include a short paragraph at the end of your post with your biographical information. Your bio may include a link back to your blog but please limit links within your post. Submission of your material does not guarantee publication. I will contact you if I am using your post. I will notify you if I won’t use your guest post submission so you can submit it to other blogs.
I look forward to reading your submissions!
Please Note: Guest Posts are only for bloggers at this time. If you are a business and would like a sponsored post, please contact me for a media kit.