It’s been a long time since I’ve done memes. Thank you Cheryl for tagging me, I’d love to do this one!
Cheryl is my blog friend who lives in beautiful New Zealand, by the way (so that beautiful NZ pic up there). We ‘met’ through blogging way back in 2007 as her family moved to NZ from Canada around the same time my family relocated to Dubai from Japan. We’re expats who are loving our adoptive countries!
The meme/blogging task includes:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger. (Thanks, Cheryl!)
- Share 11 random facts about yourself. (I might need a few hours, LOL)
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. (I love Cheryl’s questions)
- List 11 bloggers. (check!)
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you. (done)
11 Random Facts about myself:
1. I’ve been an expat since I was 19.
2. Traveling is one of the things I love to do. I won’t even mind doing it with small kids (I survived a long haul flight with a toddler lately)
3. I am good at table tennis. Not great but not bad too. Oh, and the real one, not the Xbox game!
4. I’m allergic to shellfish.
5. I come from a big family, six siblings. Me, 4 brothers and my 24 year old baby sister.
6. Despite living in Japan for more than 10 years, I don’t eat sashimi (or anything with raw fish in it)
7. I have an incurable addiction to chocolates.
8. I do not drink coffee.
9. I was born in the Philippines but left when I was 19, have lived in two countries (Japan and UAE) for a total of 18 years now.
10. I’m raising multilingual children.
11. I’m pretty lucky at contests.
Here are Cheryl’s questions for me:
1. Why do you blog?
I blog so I can read something when dementia hits me later on in life. Kidding, but why not? That’s a pretty valid reason to keep a blog! But the main reason really is that writing is my cheap therapy. I feel my best after I write and it’s a great way to express how I feel and when I started, it was a medium to update my family back home what we’re up to here in Dubai.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and why?
I would like to settle in beautiful New Zealand (being neighbors with Cheryl would be a plus!). It’s the country I can see myself growing old. But before that, it would be lovely if my kids can run around in that very natural environment, so green, so beautiful.
3. What is your favourite beverage?
Infused water – sometimes with lemon, mint or cucumber or all three.
4. What was the funniest/most unique/weirdest gift you’ve ever received?
…can’t pin point anything funny/unique and weird. I once received a gift set of dinner plates, isn’t that weird? Or just normal?
5. What was the last movie you watched?
Khumba – and I’ll tell you NOT to watch it! It was boring. The only best thing about it was that our tickets were free! (I won it from a radio contest – see what I said about being lucky in contests hee hee)
6. What is your favourite reality tv show?
I don’t watch reality shows.
7. Which social media do you use?
I use Twitter the most and then just started a Facebook page for this blog last year. So if I am not updating this blog, I’m not totally out of the loop, you can find what I’m up to in Twitter (follow me!) and updating this blog’s Facebook page (Like!).
8. Where were you born? When was the last time you were there?
I was born in the Philippines and the last time I was there was SIX years already! Must plan a trip soon.
9. If you could go anywhere on a vacation where would you go?
I’d like to go to the northern tip of the Philippines, in beautiful and less heard of Batanes.
Photo credit: The Wandering Angel
See how beautiful it is, the location is remote, but with internet(!): the kind of vacation I want these days.
10. What is your favorite restaurant?
Too many to mention but favorites so far here in Dubai are Tomo at Raffles Hotel (Japanese), Gazebo (Indian), Blue Flame at Jumeirah Creekside Hotel (Steak), Ewaan at The Palace (International) and Mazina at The Address Dubai Marina (International), just to name a few.
11. What household chore would you be happy to never have to do again?
Washing dishes – my hands get extremely dry after long exposure to dish washing liquids.
I invite these 11 bloggers to do this meme:
11 Questions for the bloggers I nominate:
- How long have you been blogging?
- How many hours in a day do you spend on social media (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc)? Be honest! LOL
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What makes you smile?
- Where do you find inspiration?
- What was the craziest thing you ever did?
- What comes to your mind first thing in the morning?
- If your life would be made into a movie, which actor would you want to play as you?
- Have you met anyone famous?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What is your favorite cheese?
Thanks again, Cheryl for the tag. I had fun doing this. Hope to read what others come up with and their answers to my questions!