Instead of whining about some discomforts, I have made a decision to make Dubai my home so I’ve listed out things I love about the place to get me going everyday.
1. Blue skies 330 days of the year, on the average – It only rains in the winter and we had lots of it last January.
2. The amazingly great beaches – So many tourists come here for the beaches and we live just a few minutes from it!
3. The wide green parks – that my family loves so much.
4. The cool, not cold winter – No need for thick jackets. No numb ears!
5. No ice to scrape off from my car in winter – If we decide to go out, we can just turn the key and speed off.
6. The multi-lingual environment – More than 80% of Dubai’s population is composed of expats from more than 200 countries. It is interesting to see so many people speak different languages. Pristine is learning French and Arabic in school. I love it when I hear her say something in French then panic and look it up in the dictionary!
7. Security – Despite the stereotyped image of the Middle East, crime is low here. Dubai is even voted one of the safest travel destination.
8. Shopping malls – That offer almost everything from Japanese food to hundreds of spices. In one shopping mall, you could even ski.
9. Restaurants and food from all over the world – With expats comprising most of the population, Dubai is a gastronomic adventure.
10. Exotic desert resorts – Away from the chaotic city life and the relentless construction, you can relax at resorts built in the middle of the desert. Places where you can almost forget about the time.
11. Dates! – The luscious, sweet fruit that I am addicted to since coming to Dubai.
12. Cheap petrol – The perks of living in a petroleum producing country.
13. Tax-free salary – Need I say more?