Are you beach ready? We are! Here are things I always bring during beach trips.
1. Sunblock – With the thinning of the ozone layer, this is a must have, especially for the young beach lover who doesn’t mind staying under the sun for hours!
2. Sunglasses – To protect our eyes from glare. I don’t remove my sunglasses even if I am in the water, unless of course, if I have to submerge my head.
3. Swimsuits – I prefer those that look like wet suits for scuba diving for the little girl. It saves her back from sunburn.
4. Floating device – For fun and for my safety – I can’t swim.
5. Water – Lots and lots of it.
6. Camera – I badly want an underwater camera to take photos of the fishes swimming around us even in shallow waters!
7. Hat – for the little girl.
8. Food – When we go to the beach, we usually stay for the whole day so we have our breakfast, lunch and snacks there. We are home by sunset.
9. Picnic mat – for picnic!
10. Tent – A must if we plan to spend the whole day there. Also convenient when we change our clothes and the changing room is too crowded.
11. Air bed – We bought this because sleep is definitely better using this than sleeping on the grass.
12. Small radio – we love to listen to good afternoon music while taking a nap inside the tent, under the trees.
13. First aid kit– With bandages, alcohol, fever medicine, itch lotion, betadine solution, band aids, wet tissue, etc.