Hello, how has Ramadan treating you? (That is, if you live in my neck of the woods or in a place where Ramadan is observed). There’s only a week left for Ramadan which means only a few more days before we enjoy the shortened work timings. I love that we get this perk even as a non-Muslim living in the UAE. As a working mother, I love this month when I can spend more time with my children at home. It’s all good even if the work load quickly piles up due to limited work time!
Anyway, if you’re here and need to entertain bored kids (we all know they have absolutely zero outdoor life during the summer time), why don’t you head out to Yas Island in Abu Dhabi?
We were invited to an event called “Kids Rule on Yas this summer” at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and found out many things for kids on offer at Yas Island.
For example, the Twilight offer at Ferrari World on Thursdays & Fridays, 6pm-12 midnight during Ramadan is a charm with entrance fees at only half than normal.
Karim El Guanaini of Destination Yas Island said: “Summer is a special time for kids and their families and Yas Island has turned it on for them this summer, ensuring there is something for everyone. It’s all about the kids on Yas – we have great family packages, and activities and events to keep the whole family entertained all summer long.”
“For instance, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and Yas Waterworld along with hotels such as Yas Viceroy, Crowne Plaza, Radisson Blu, Rotana and Centro have developed packages where kids stay, dine and go to the theme parks for free,” added Guanaini.
Mums, dads and the kids can also join in the Yas Treasure Hunt, which will run until September. Find one of the 250 golden keys hidden across the island each day to win weekly prize draws valued at more than 10,000 dirhams. Key finders will also be entered into the major prize draw to win return flights with Etihad or flynas.
An impressive lineup of events taking place on Yas over summer, including:
- ‘Artist of the Arabs’ Mohamed Abdo will play on the 18th of July
- Emirati singing sensation Habib Elyasi will play on the 19th of July
- The long-time favourite show of children and adults, “Sesame Street”, will play from 6-8 August. Like the television’s Sesame Street, the Sesame Street Live production features timeless lessons for all ages. Through the razzle-dazzle of this musical Broadway-quality musical production, children will learn about patience, acceptance and teamwork
- Myth Busters, with its mind-twisting and unorthodox approach to science, will play from
13-15 August. This promises to be outrageously entertaining, featuring on-stage experiments, audience participation and behind-the-scenes stories
- The world’s fastest illusionist, Hans Klok will provide a visual treat and keep people on the edge of their seats from 21-22 August
- Comedy Extravaganza with Bader Saleh will bring summer to a close on a laughing note, on the 28th of August
We had fun at Ferrari World as it was our first time. The world’s fastest roller coaster was under maintenance the time we went so we were not able to try it (as if I’ll get on it!!) but the kids loved the spacious play area inside temperature controlled Ferrari World.
If we weren’t going for vacation, we would have love to explore the events at Yas Island more. So if you are here, a little ‘out of town’ experience should take away the monotony from your children’s daily routine during the long, hot summer days.